Monday, May 07, 2007

Triumph Part III

Well, good news. I got a Triumph. A Bonneville 750.

For free.

Only problem?

It's been sitting in my friend's yard for the better part of the last 25 years.






I'm not worried though. I have all the time in the world and no worry of screwing it up. How can it get any worse? I'd love to learn how to fix up engines using my current bike, but I'm afraid to screw it up since it's already running. This one will hopefully uncover some of the secrets of motorcycle engines.

Ideally I'd love to chop it's ass end off and turn it into a hardtail. White walls, Z shaped bars, minimal as all hell.



I was talking to my stepfather over the weekend and his eyes lit up when I told him about the dead Triumph. "I'll fix it up!! I can get that thing running in no time!"

He happens to be a master mechanic of like 40+ years. He wasn't keen on the hardtail idea. "You run over a cigarette butt with a hardtail and you'll feel it"

Oh well. I have yet to even grab the bike.

Thanks for the hookup, Sarah!

www.hookermedia.com

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

No WAY! If that's your ACTUAL last name, hell, EMBRACE IT! I'd go by Hooker, too.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Hooker said...

Tis my actual last name. Matthew Joseph Hooker.

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Tj said...

Very NICE!

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home