Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Gone Silverfishin'

So today I woke up sort of groggy. I was afraid it was much later than it actually was. I pawed for my lap top on the ground next to my bed and opened it to find that it was only about 10:00 am. I sat up in bed and checked email and whatnot. I was ready to get up and have some breakfast when over my leg, like the Seven Samurai cresting the cliff on horseback, came a huge goddam 1,000 legged silverfish bug.

I scared the shit out of my roomate Anthony who's working from home in the office/art room this week with my girlish screams of terror. I took this picture after the fact and realized that I sort of look like the king crimson guy when I scream.





I killed the sucker and we had a laugh about my Mammy Two Shoes tirade.



AHHHH!!!



Anthony informed me that silverfish love paper and cardboard. Oh great.











GAH.


I'm going to go eat breakfast. Pray there aren't locusts in my shredded wheat box or something.

www.hookermedia.com

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You goddamn Mary.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am horrified. it'll probably take me longer to get over this than it will for you.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

Yeah tacky you hang out in bed and wait until a french fry with 8,478 legs scurries it's way over your thigh.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Jzbell said...

I get it, my friend. I had a horrifying encounter with Palmetto bugs recently. My landlord is spraying my house as I type, because I haven't slept soundly in DAYS...

1:14 PM  
Blogger kate.d. said...

UGH. oh my god. i was going to comment about how we used to get a few silverfish climbing the walls now and then at our apt in chicago, and then i saw the picture - apparently chi-town's silverfish are child's play compared to boston's.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

ugh - hate these guys. Last summer, I posted about my battle with one. You should read it: http://hodoeporicon.blogspot.com/2006/08/managing-two-apartments.html

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home