Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Memoirs of a gayshur

Hi ho.

Hi ho? I have no idea where that came from.

Counsel, your triptych will be posted. Don't worry. Promise.

So the weather has been nice. Until just now when I was on the bike without the full face helmet getting pelted by stupid rain. But the weather has been nice and I'm thankful for the sun and heat and my non-burning olive skin. (thanks mom)

As I said a while back I'm getting started on a painting of a seductive geisha for my seductive friend Lili. I tried in the least creepy way possible to ask her for a reference photo since she said she had a kimono-esque robe... and knows how she wants her own painting to look. Well she took a few but they weren't quite right. No tripod, no Asian heritage, etc. So I asked the only two Asian girls I know if they'd be game. Both of them date dudes in the same band and had a show to go to last night. Nuts. So I finally asked my friend Danielle who's no stranger to being in front of a camera. She's a Suicide Girl.

Danielle was nice enough to let me come over for five minutes before she had to leave for work and I got a useable shot. Life as an artist is tough. I have to drive around all day on a motorcycle in perfect weather in search of girls to take pictures of.

The pose is semi suggestive. Either she's coming or going. Or just did. OH! She has her robe down off one shoulder. Not off both shoulders, as made popular by Naomi "Skeeter" Harper.



Today it's gone from blank canvas to this so far....



Up next... the tale of the '32 Ford hot rod. A badass car makes a badass painting. Hopefully.


www.hookermedia.com

7 Comments:

Blogger Lili said...

THAT LOOKS AMAZING!!! XOXO LILI

5:11 PM  
Blogger To Be Announced said...

Is mine in there somewhere? People are starting to laugh when they point to my huge blank wall and I tell them I swear it's on it's way. :)

5:44 PM  
Blogger To Be Announced said...

ahem, it's on its way... not IT IS way. My students would have been horrified!

5:53 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

Yes sorry... I meant to put a disclaimer for you too.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

ahahah mama's family. best part of waking up at 6AM.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Counsel Langley said...

geisha looks way promising.... and you keep telling me not to worry. i don't worry. i fret.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

I'm just steeping you in anticipation is all. It's done and photographed. FRIDAY!!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home