Sunday, April 22, 2007

Hellrisen

So a week or so ago I stopped in this tiny antique shop in Roslindale in search of cool frames. I found a badass gold victorian frame that was a little beat up for $20. Awesome.

I thought for a few days "what would I like to put in this awesome frame?" I didn't come up with anything good.

Then last weekend I went to the Fogg Museum on the Harvard campus. I had no idea Harvard even had museums. It has many. My new thing lately is finding destinations when I have no idea what to do with myself during spare time. Museums and historical homes and stuff.

So I hit the Fogg museum and saw portraits by a French artist named Ingres.

Here's my favorite that are on display at the Fogg....




I researched Ingres a bit (went on wikipedia.org) and found out that his last name rhymes with "bang" with a little a tiny trace of the R on the end. It reminded me of the time went to Trader Joes looking for a grain called quinoa that I read about in Men's Health. I searched and searched without knowing what the stuff looked like. I finally stopped this little bespectacled employee and asked where the "kwah-noah" was. He looked at me as if I had just asked him if I could poop in his shoe. Then he finally laughed "oooohh... you mean KEE-noa" Whatever. Ingress.


So anyways, back to my frame. I had no idea what to paint but I knew I wanted it to be Ingres-esque. Well, to the best of my ability anyway. I'll most likely never be in a class with him or his Frenchy peers.

Bleh yeah I chose to paint a portrait of Pinhead from Hellraiser.



Here's the progress for tonight. More to come.

Oh and after painting for like three hours I found out that I had blue paint all over my face.



Then after looking at the photo of my face I found out that it looks like I'm wearing lipstick or something.

And Counsel, your triptych is done. Pictures later in the week.

www.hookermedia.com

3 Comments:

Blogger LauramomBoston said...

how very francais....

11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this entire entry is so fucking precious I could die.

8:48 AM  
Blogger Counsel Langley said...

so excitedmintmint! can't wait for pictures.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home