Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Thanksgiving? Bleh.

This year will be the first year my brother and I have neither parent around for the holidays.

The whole family get together situation is a mess. Mom's out of the question since she lives in NC and our stepfather's family are pretty much strangers.

Dad and stepmom are now in CO and even when they were here encounters with his inlaws were rare at best.

That leaves mom's siblings. One of which is going to his inlaws this year... so that leaves him out.

The grandparents don't want to come up to Quincy from Cape Cod.

My brother doesn't want to come from Western MA to Cape Cod.

I don't want to leave the house.

I think I'm going to buy a pound of black pepper deli turkey and a 12 pack of something decent and sit in the house and work on the recent commissions I've gotten:

Batman and Wonder Woman standing back to back on a rooftop on a dark Boston night. (Wedding gift commissioned by the groom)

A portrait of Joe Strummer from the Clash.

A couple truck wars paintings.

And lastly some stuff I'm working on for my upcoming show at the Other Side Cafe on Newbury st. More details on that soon.

www.hookermedia.com

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're always welcome at my parents house, they love you! it's just my immediate family this year so it will be relaxed and fun and a major feast. offers there if you want it.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At first, I was sad that you wouldn't be with family on Thanksgiving. By the end of your post, I was jealous! Have a good day!

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the TWO families members I have left are done with me, I'm coming over Thursday night with leftovers.

I hear Paul B.'s gonna be a Carilliwhatever's. We'll celebrate crazy families with a round of karaoke.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Hooker said...

thanks al. that would actually rule pretty hard.

11:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thursday night you should come to Caralilly's. Hell, when I'm done with my uncle's house I'll come over with some brews for a while if you'd like.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

yeah i'm planning on karokrorkrlilys

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

offer stands. i'll be at my parrent's house from 2ish on.

2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had Thanksgiving a month ago, because winter comes so much faster up here in frosty Canada. My Halloween pumpkin (yeah, still on the front porch) is frozen solid, and its face has been knawed on by hungry (hypnotic?) squirrels.

Glad something good has come through, bleak holiday weekends can be brutal.

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

been offline for a while... congrats on the other side show!

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home