Thursday, November 23, 2006

So this is Thursday

Oh hey check it out. I'm flying to NC to visit my mother in December. I've stated on here before, the only time I see her is on tour when we roll through NC for a night or so. No good. I only see her once a year for over a decade. So I figured it'd be nice to see her during a normal holiday time trip.

The trip is getting close and she needs some info about flights, time off work, etc. So I called her last night while I was at work in the evening.

Now this is where it gets tricky. I don't know how concise anyone else's mom is when trying to gather or relay information, but mine was as clear as mud for some reason. She couldn't finish a sentence or a thought. I couldn't finish a sentence without being cut off. She said my name after every phrase she blurted. It was chaos. It drove me to the point of snapping and I got worked up and told her that if the trip was going to be anywhere near as stressful as this phone conversation....

eh... b....I had no idea what to say. I just wanted to get the fuck off the phone.

That's when it was her turn. Being 26 and have your mom tell you you're acting like a "prick" and an "asshole" is odd. I had to think quick to difuse the situation. She was hurt and mad at me.

So...

...I explained to my mother how "normal people talk". Then I launched into a 30 second impersonation of her trying to ask me a simple question. Yeesh. Obviously we hung up on bad terms, still unresolved as of press time.

Thanksgiving.

I have the option of hitting up my great uncles' place in Cape Cod. I turned my brother's offer down for a ride earlier today.

The more I think about it, the more attractive a completely empty house is on a long rainy day off. This will be my first Thanksgiving completely alone. I've done Christmas completely alone, but not Thanksgiving.

It's my choice. Hopefully I won't regret it.

3 Comments:

Blogger banjeroo said...

Yeah, it could be totally great. Hey, someone sent me this link of a giant truck machine thing, thought of your fighting trucks. I only looked at the pictures.

http://tinyurl.com/yeygzm

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure you found someway to entertain yourself. I would say walk around naked, but you'd do that anyway.

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should have come to Hubbardston for dinner, as Ally said. But maybe your day was nice and relaxing.
Anyway, I gave Tony the portrait today. Someone let it slip so I gave it to him early. It was going to be a Christmas present.
He loves it. I can tell he's really happy about it.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home