Wednesday, November 08, 2006

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, THANOS" PRINTS ARE HERE

Dear friends, the subject line says it all.



For the newcomers: The idea for this painting randomly popped into my head a few weeks ago. It came to fruition over a few late nights. Soon after coming up with the concept for the super villain's birthday party I was hunched over my desk in the art fortress, looking at birthday photos of people I'll never meet.

Then a few days later after working tirelessly on the blue Titan I finally got to put his facial features on. As soon as that mouth went on the canvas I lost it. Insane laughter. Never reacted to a painting like that before.

Like I've said before the original was sold within hours of me posting it, but here... finally... I have prints for sale.

I'm going to get sappy for a second.

In the past month or so since I went live with this portfolio site (a feat I've been talking about doing for five years) I've been more creative and prolific with art (a feat that I've been talking and talking about for the better part of a decade). People are interested, I'm painting, people are excitedly taking stuff home and hanging it. I've handed paintings over, I've shipped them, and now I'm offering my first signed prints. I'm fortunate as hell at the moment and I'm thankful for that.

Thank you to everyone who has flipped through every page on the site, everyone who has taken pieces home, everyone who digs my art. I'm finally living an old dream of mine at the moment and it's pretty cool thusfar.

GET YOUR HOT FRESH THANOS

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, buddy.
-Sask.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I own an oil painting, a print with a 2 x 2 on the way. That's pretty cool.

Now buy my shit. And buy me some lunch while you're at it.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Hooker said...

YOU OWE ME LUNCH, YOU SMELLY DOUCHE.

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got some NERVE calling ME smelly, mister. You see, I showered this morning. The last time your showered was ....what? July?

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting things going with your art. I always wished I was artsy enough to be artsy. Instead I fly and drink a lot. (Not at the same time though...)

11:35 AM  
Blogger jayniek said...

congrats, really.
i will totally buy something once i can afford to pay my rent and feed myself at the same time.
why? because your stuff is good. really, really good.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

hey, hooker,

nice rain hat.

-t

2:29 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

hahaha! walking or on the train?

3:27 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Walking, right outside Finagle a Bagel. I was across the street.


... do these few comments sound like a creepy craigslist personal?

3:39 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

I just swatted at the back of my neck.

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha. i love the missed connection.

also, you are wicked sweet to link me from your site. it makes me feel like a douche for not getting around to actually making an actual site for myself... i've been coasting on the gallery for a while.

but yeah. bravo. of course everybody loves your stuff. it's good.

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home