Monday, November 06, 2006

Couple New Paintings, weekend recappage

Well it's Monday. Normally there'd be a two day blank in my blogging dates but thanks to www.fussy.org the hits just keep coming.

Everyone in bloggerland agrees it's been pretty difficult thusfar blogging every day and we're only a week into it. What makes it really difficult for me though, is the fact that blogger.com has been fucking around lately. Pages are disabled, posts aren't saved, publishing impossible. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? I think we broke the website.

Friday I took the motorcycle into work. The afternoon ride in was pleasant. A little chilly. Brisk, if you will.

The ride home?
Started out chilly.
Got on the highway.
Hmmm.
This might suck ass.
Oh traffic? I'll go through Dorchester.
Get through Dorchester, start to really feel the cold on my hands. Gloves do nothing.
Every stop light down the shoreline I'm desperately trying to warm my hands, which by now feel like I've been holding ice cubes in clenched fists for ten minutes straight.

By the time I get a mile from my house I can't actually grip the throttle. I'm just rolling the blade of my palm along the grip to make the motorcycle go. I'm also subjected to my own pitiful whimpering inside my full face helmet.

I get to the house and the door is locked. I couldn't possibly use keys so I just boot the door a few times.
My roomates are perplexed and a little alarmed about the sobbing mess that just stormed into the house. They had to take my gloves and coat off for me.

They put on tea and helped me get back to normal.
There's a scene on the t.v. from "Kingdom of Heaven" where Liam Neeson was calmly getting an arrow pulled out of his trunk.
I feel like a giant pansy.

The rest of the weekend was filled with painting and printing and crap like that. Trips to art stores and the like.

I sold a painting, "1636" to Lewis that he hired me to do. Check it out on the site under the Oils section.

He also bought "Redwoods". Sorry to the other people who were sort of thinking of maybe buying it eventually.

But there's good news. There will be prints coming shortly.

Check back tomorrow for the big news.

Hooker Media

6 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

Do you know (of) the artist Tim Biskup? Pretty sweet paintings.

Check these ones out pretty sweet, eh?

10:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

see you gotta tuck the knees in at stop lights... press em up against the engine.. don't worry you won't get burned.. just don't go nuzzlin' the pipes... also it's a bit harder for this the way your engine is configured but put those little slender, dainty fingers right on the heads of the engine block... gloves and all... doesn't do much but helps a lil. suck it up tuffy.

-motorcycle murf

8:07 AM  
Blogger Me said...

That
Sounds
Cold.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

9:18 AM  
Blogger e$ said...

hey, you know louis? was he at Match that night? another eastie blogger. solidarity!!

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again for the painting. It is gorgeous and the "circuitry" section has given me even more ideas for the "storyboard" idea.

Eastie Bloggers unite e$!!!

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

crap. i was on the maybe list for redwood. keep me abreast of prints.

hope today finds your digits warm and toasty.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home