Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Bigger than hell

Lately I've been going big.

I've juggled a handful of commissions from people who want tight, small, ultra-detailed paintings. Those are fine, and I encourage all you lurkers I've never corresponded with to email me for your own paintings, but I need some balance with canvas size.

Yeah I said lurkers. The old Google Analytics dot game has been more interesting every day. People checking my site out from Petersburg, Alaska? Ahmedebad and New Delhi, India? Belgium? Oklahoma? Anyone and everyone drop me a line. Make yourself known. It's always fun to hear from people.

Back to the bigger subject...

A few posts ago I mentioned the painting I'm going to be tackling of Vigo the Carpathian right? Well here. Check out the first night's progress.



Looks pretty good sized right? About as big as the Cliff Burton painting I did? Nope.



This painting is six friggin feet tall!

I'm going to be creeped out eternally when I finally finish it. Check back for more coverage on the Scourge of Moldavia.



I also mentioned previously that I did a banner for my band of our mascot Busifer.

Here's a better shot of the devil/Gary Busey logo.



Any bands out there want a similar banner 6 ft. by 6 ft., white on black let me know. I'm doing them for $80 a pop.

Bed time.


Hooker Media

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

im so excited about this.

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you're done with Vigo you should take a picture of it, then photoshop the river of pink smile on it.

9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and by smile, I mean slime.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dogs and cats living together...complete chaos!!!

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's, "Dogs and cats, living together....mass hysteria!"

11:07 AM  
Blogger Hooker said...

You take the taco, pal.

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So rad. I don't care what Anthony says, Vigo is one BAMF.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

He can say the movie sucks all he wants. But the painting?

3:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I seriously love this painting. LOVE IT. It would give me eternal nightmares, but still . . . wicked fucking cool.

9:23 PM  
Blogger bon said...

Technically not a lurker as this is my first visit... but hey there from Utah!

Amazing paintings! It energizes me just to read about someone who is still out there slogging through the pigment... and Busifer? Snerk!

3:48 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

I was wondering where the Utah dot came from.

Welcome.

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man. i am a lurker.sounds creepy.

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not Utah. If i was a lurker from Utah, I would would be offering you 12 year old virgins for marriage.Never mind they are blood related.

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home