Saturday, November 04, 2006

bearded oyster

You ever find a folder on your computer that you need to blow dust off of before opening? I just opened one labeled "misc pics" and in it I found a picture that made me laugh at first and then kind of frown in disgust afterwards. Here, before I give you background info, take a look at this monstrosity.



That's from September 2005 at my friend Andy and Allyson's wedding. A straight wedding in Provincetown MA. Whoda thunk it possible.

Earlier in the day before the actual ceremony we men split from the women and went around to all the little leather shops and art galleries in search of ... I have no idea. We went to a place for lunch and I had to run across the street to a tiny little lobster pot place for the ATM.

There was a jar full of water with a shot glass in the bottom of it on the counter. "Sink a quarter into the shotglass" I had a quarter. I turned to James, the other yeti next to me in the picture, and said "I can never do these goddam things" PLINK it went in.

What do I win?

Dude put a huge black glove on and grabbed me an oyster, cut it open and set it down on the counter.

The hell do I do now?

I grabbed it nervously and shot it back.

Ever since then I dig oysters.

The ceremony was just before sunset that day. We all started drinking around 3:00 pm. I videotaped the ceremony and at one point my hand comes into the frame and "crushes" the justice of the peace's head. We were standing on the shores of the Atlantic and she didn't know which way East was.



Later on after the ceremony and the dinner we all went out to a kareoke bar that was advertised as a big drag night. We all walk in and of course I'm the only dickhead other than the host dressed in drag. Oh well. I got some free drinks that night.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice dress. don't I know it ..... from somewhere?

11:45 AM  
Blogger Shanna MK said...

Umm.. wow that color is just perfect on you.. really. :)

I commend you for having more than 3 lines of a weekend post.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that beard picture gets me everytime!

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home