Monday, October 02, 2006

Weekend recap

I can remember who sang the Chilly Willy theme song. I remember the woman's name from the credits on the show. Mary Jo Rush.

I can remember every elementary school teacher I ever had.

I can remember the code to getting thirty free guys in Contra.

I can't remember what I did this weekend. Not without thinking hard until my forehead sweats like when I used to do long division.

Shit. It'll all come back to me. Give me a minute. Sad thing is, I only drank one night this weekend. And even then it wasn't an absurd amount.

Friday I went home and finished Jenny's painting. I sat at the desk and just worked until it was finished, then packed up and went to sleep. I'm an assclown though because I haven't uploaded a picture of the finished product yet. Sorry. Tomorrow.

Saturday woke up pretty early.
Contorted and stretched for an hour.
Ate the usual breakfast.
Went for a ride down to Abington and bought a stupid little miniature death helmet from a bike shop. It's like a biker yarmulke. Yes, retarded, I know. But the other faceless helmet I own is designed poorly. Cuts off my windpipe with the strap. That, and I look like a large-headed penis with a moustache when I wear it. And what are motorcycles about?

Safety?



....


Or looking cool?



!!!!


After the bike shop I went over to REI in Hingham and got a membership for the rock climing wall they have in there. $15 and you can climb free at any location that has a wall. For life, dude. Started on a medium difficulty wall and that's all I did because there was a gaggle of third graders eager to try next. I want a wall of my own. Every person except me who was in line to use the wall was 10 years old or younger. It was pretty nice to see a bunch of kids hitting up a climbing wall rather than playing video games or some shit.



The Sharking show went well. I was pretty nervous about screwing up the basslines so I kind of shoegazed on stage. We all had fun regardless.

Closed the night with a trip to The Fours in Quincy with most of the roomates and some old friends we hadn't seen in a while. One of our long lost friends, who I have a long-standing crush on, touched my arm and a loud slide whistle sound emitted from my pants, freaking the other bar patrons out a little. Why am I the only guy equipped with a slide whistle weiner? Blessing? Curse? Both.

Sunday was more practice, some football watching, some more contortion, bed.

There. I think I got most of the weekend minutia crammed into this entry. Happy Monday, everyone.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha... slide whistle. Blog about it, why don't you. ;-)
-Sask.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

Hey I didn't name names.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey buddy. It was nice to meet you on Saturday, too. No worries about having to run around doing band stuff. I understand. :)

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Contra ruled!!!!
Ahh the memories..

Look you can still get the codes. The web is cool!!
http://www.gamescore.com/cheatcodes/site/search/12116/NES/Contra

All you need to know.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contra_(arcade_game)

-Bill Rizer (Mad Dog)

12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh some of my home videos from the island.


View Contra in 13 minutes at Google Video

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home