Tuesday, October 10, 2006

One step closer

Last night everyone bailed on band practice. Fine with me.

I headed over to a pond in Newton and fished with Ben and Kurt, two artists from the Tattoo Shop that I'm going to apprentice at.

We didn't catch a damn thing. I always sucked ass at fishing.

So after the fruitless fishing we went over to Blue Ribbon bbq where I took down a platter of pulled chicken, collard greens and beans & rice. Ben remarked with a smirk "You tall skinny buzzards always eat like nobody's business" It's true. While I do weigh 87 pounds and stand 6'8", I can put food down like a true fatass champion.

After the guttural punishment we headed over to the shop where I got a lesson in how to put a machine together in preparation for tattoing someone. I was given over an hour's worth of pointers on these guy's personal time. They are the best. I held the buzzing machine for a bit and mocked the motion of drawing on someone. It was exciting.

Today I went hunting with the list of goods that I'll have to purchase that Ben wrote out last night.

I'm going to have to invest in some serious equipment in the next month.

I've already bought a liner machine earlier this afternoon. It should be here in a few days. I have to pick up the power source, a tube to attach to it (the part that would be the equivalent of a pen's shaft), and a few other pieces of the puzzle.

After that it's time to choose a guinea pig.

As scary as it may sound, I have quite a few people eager to get tattooed by my inexperienced hands. As nerve wracking as it can be, I feel very excited and quite confident that I will do a decent job my first time around.

More to come.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm more than willing to let you give me the CFH. If I'm getting another douche tattoo, I might as well have a douche doing it.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

sounds good. outlined or solid black?

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tattoos eh? (see, caNAdian). I like the sound of free tattoos... too bad I don't live in Boston. I'll have to settle for reading about them on the internet.

10:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking black outline with solid red, but we'll see.

10:24 AM  
Blogger e$ said...

blue ribbon bbq is the only thing i miss about living in Newton. That, and the sweet sweet smell of money and entitlement.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home