Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Halloween

Sucks I'll be at work while all the little kids will be going around house to house taking food from strangers. If I was home tonight I think it'd be cool to dig a hole in the yard and pop out of it every time visitors come to the door. But I wouldn't be dressed like a zombie. I'd be dressed like Bruce Villanche. I saw him at a Roy Rogers in New Jersey once while my band was on tour. He's a hulking monster who's breathing sounds like a bellows full of pudding. He has the same silhouette as Gossimer, the monster who wears Chuck Taylors from Looney Tunes. He got out of a limo and grabbed a grease sack from Roy Rogers and waddled back into the limo. I was sitting there with my bass player James who was snapping his fingers in thought trying to remember where he knew that guy from. I blurted "Bruce Villanche" just as Bruce's assistant slinked over to us. "Do you know who that is? He's a comedy writer. He's a brilliant man." Shut up, asslicker.

Anyways.... I won't be here tonight. I'll be putzing around at work like a boring douf. But that's alright. I've made some headway on the current white whale of all my current painting commissions: Lewis' skyline. Here's another shot of it.



5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And it is a gorgeous white whale!

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was also there to see that roly poly fruit.

2:37 PM  
Blogger Shanna MK said...

I think it is an absolute riot that you mentioned the LT monster wearing chucks becuase I never knew his name!!!! There is a man in our office that makes everyone think of Gossimer but NO ONE knew the character's name (or thought to look it up for that matter).

3:25 PM  
Blogger Hooker said...

If you ever want to know a character or an actor's real name either ask me or my frequent commenter and close friend Tacky.

Tacky is the grand wizard of useless factoids.

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like seeing the painting progression.

i, too, am at work. still. at 11:43pm. heading home now i think.

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home