Monday, October 09, 2006

Columbus, you prick

So I'm one of the few, the bitter, the working on Columbus day.

End of last week I was confused when people would ask what I was planning for the long weekend. Then confusion turned to disappointment. Then disappointment turned to jealousy. Then jealously to rage. Then rage to diarrhea. Not really. But the day is young.

Since I'm in here on this beautiful day while most are still rolling about in their beds, I guess I'll give a weekend recap.

Friday the clients that had been keeping us busy as hell at work finally got their files filed and their this and that squared away. As a result I got out in time to catch Iron Maiden at the Agganis Arena near B.U. I wish I had gone home.

Don't get me wrong, I love Iron Maiden, but they played their entire new album, and album I've never heard, in it's entirety. Four old songs. Three of which I had seen last time I saw them.

Oh well.

After the show I went over to my buddy Frank's home studio and threw down a couple solos on a project he's working on.

Saturday I got up and had lunch with my brother and my old man who just came into town with my stepmom from Bailey Colorado.

I haven't seen my old man since he moved away in January. It's good to hang out with him.

Did some riding while I had time and then went to my buddy's wedding before I had to run into town and soundcheck for our show at the Middle East upstairs.

Ah before I forget, my ride brought me down to the Blue Hills. The roads that wind through the hills are curvy and fun to ride. I had Jenny on the back of the bike and we went up to the top where there's an observation area where you can park and see Boston. We're both standing on a wall checking out the skyline and this car pulls up. Guy gets out and let's out a loud "WOOOOOO!! BOSTON IS THE MOST BEAUTIFUL CITY IN THE FUCKIN' WORLD!"

I turned around and gave him a sarcastic "Fuckin A". He was psyched about that.

We were going to hang out for a bit but after this exchange we both made a B line for the bike. I fired up the engine and finally got a good look at the behemoth before me babbling on about how Boston's a gem of a city.

He was about 6'6" and was wearing ash grey shorts and a shabby white T shirt. He had coke bottle glasses and was haggard as hell. Bout 40 years old. But the kicker was his ankles and calves which were wrapped in gauze and had fresh bleeding wounds all over them.

He told me his name was Godzilla. I told him my name was Steve. He told us he was going to be on Jay Leno within two years. We sped off screaming. We pulled up to a stop light and a couple next to us was checking out the bike with their windows down. I blurted that I had diarrhea just before the light turned green. After the Blue Hills we went to the Outback. I think I'm some sort of clairvoyant.

The show went well. Metal...etc. I got to talk to Ben the guy who's gonna show me the ropes with tattooing and hopefully we'll meet up this week and talk about equipment and supplies I'll need.

Here are some pics of our set.


Sunday was pretty useless and lazy. I hung out with the old man and watched the Pats game. That was a good time. Then I rode for a while and didn't do much of anything else.

Me and the old man...

1 Comments:

Blogger banjeroo said...

I LOVE when rage turns to diarrhea.

11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home